In this article you will find information on requirements for vignettes including information on trailers and caravans for:
Passenger cars up to and including 3.5 t require
- the passenger cars e-vignette.
If you have a trailer attached to your car under 3.5 t and the weight of this combination (towing vehicle + trailer) does not exceed 3.5 t, you require
- the passenger cars e-vignette
- and no additional e-vignette for your trailer.
If you have a trailer attached to your car of up to and including 3.5 t and the weight of this combination (towing vehicle + trailer) exceeds 3.5 t, you require
- the e-vignette for passenger cars and
- the e-vignette for trailers
Towing vehicles exceeding a weight of 3.5 t have to pay the route pass (=distance-based toll) in Bulgaria
Motorbikes are excluded from the toll in Bulgaria.
IMPORTANT: Please pay attention to the data entered in the vehicle registration document, not the actual characteristics of your vehicle (e.g. number of seats)!
The vignette from the corresponding vehicle category is mandatory for the following:
- all motorbikes (vignette category D1M)
- all passenger cars with a maximum permissible gross weight of up to 3.5 t and with less than 8 seats at the same time (vignette category D1)
- Goods vehicles of up to and including 3.5 t (vignette category D2)
- passenger cars with 8 or 9 seats (vignette category D2)
- all monile homes (vignette category D2)
- Buses with more than 9 seats (vignette category B2)
- Trailers of vehicles in toll category D2 and B2 (vignette category U)
Trailers of vehicles of toll category D1M or D1 do not need an additional e-vignette in Hungary!
All HGVs (motor vehicles for the transport of goods) over 3.5 t are obliged to pay the route-dependent electronic toll. You can find more information about this here